Sunday, April 11th, 2021
Central Texas is Going VIRTUAL!
on Facebook or YouTube!
Please reach out to your Regional Relationship Coordinator, Courtney Benisch, with all questions, concerns or ideas reagarding this year's event!
Date: Sunday, April 11th
Time: 8:00 a.m. CT
Location: Facebook or YouTube
Event Schedule: TBA
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook and YouTube, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Courtney@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Please note that shipping may be delayed due to shelter-in-place orders.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to the Texas Oncology - Austin Brain Tumor Center and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race proceeds. We can't make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
How to Participate in the Virtual 5K
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document Your Activity! Snap a selfie to share on Facebook during the virtual event using @headforthecure. We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt from a previous event!
- Share the event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to attend the Facebook Live event. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
- Join Us on Facebook or YouTube at 8:00 AM on Sunday, April 11th! We will feature our event on both the Central Texas and Head for the Cure Facebook pages.
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Post Your Selfie! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure - Central Texas event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!
Thank You to Our Sponsors:
If you are interested in sponsoring this important cause, please contact Courtney Benisch at firstname.lastname@example.org!