The Head for the Cure 5K - Mid Missouri is going VIRTUAL!
Join Us On Our NEW Date October 25th!
Date: Sunday, October 25th
Time: 8:00 a.m. CST
Location: Facebook Live and YouTube!
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook Live and YouTube, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Kelsi@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know:
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Shirts and medals will arrive approximately two weeks after the event due to the needed time for production printing and shipping.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to the MU Health Care’s Ellis Fischel Cancer Center and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race proceeds. We can't make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN THE VIRTUAL 5K
Before the 5K:
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice the week leading up to the event! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document Your Activity! Snap a selfie to share on Facebook during the virtual event using @headforthecure. We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt from a previous event!
- Share the event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to attend the Facebook Live event or watch on YouTube. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
During the Virtual 5K:
- Join Us on Facebook Live or YouTube at 8:00 AM CT on October 25th! We will feature our event on the Head for the Cure Facebook page and YouTube channel.
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Post Your Selfie! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure - Mid Missouri event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!
Please reach out to your Regional Relationship Coordinator for all information regarding the event, packet pickup, registration, etc.
Kelsi Seely | email@example.com | 785-218-2082
Interested in sponsorship opportunities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org today!