The Head for the Cure 5K - Charleston
is going VIRTUAL!
Join Us on Saturday, February 27th
& Watch the Virtual Event on Facebook or YouTube!
Please reach out to your Regional Relationship Coordinator, Allison Grandon, with all questions, concerns or ideas reagarding this year's event!
Date: Saturday, February 27th
Time: 9:00 a.m.
Location: Facebook & YouTube
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook Live and YouTube, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Allison@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Please note that shipping may be delayed due to shelter-in-place orders.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to MUSC Hollings Cancer Center and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race proceeds. We can't make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
How to Participate in the Virtual 5K
- Share the Event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to watch the virtual event. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
- Grow Your Team! During the virtual event we will announce this year's top fundraising teams, largest teams, and top fundraising individuals! Each winner will receive an award in the mail after the event!
- Create a Facebook Fundraiser! Create a Facebook Fundraiser through your Participant Center and fudns will be directly credited to your team's fundraising goal!
- Make a Plan! Communicate with your team members on how you all will plan to watch the event and complete your own 5K activities!
What to Do on Event Day!
- Join Us on Facebook or YouTube at 9:00 AM on Saturday, February 27th! We will feature our event on both the Charleston and Head for the Cure Facebook pages and the Head for the Cure YouTube channel!
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document & Share Your Activity! Snap a selfie as you complete your 5K your way! We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt from a previous event! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure - Charleston event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!
Thank You to Our Sponsors & Partners!
If you are interested in sponsoring this important cause, please contact Allison Grandon