The Head for the Cure 5K - North Texas is going VIRTUAL!
Sunday, May 31st
Check Out This Sneak Peek of Our Virtual 5K!
Date: Sunday, May 31st
Time: 8:00 a.m. CST
Location: Facebook Live and Youtube
8:00 AM - Welcome
8:05 AM- 5k Event Featuring:
- Personal stories
- Team shoutouts
- Survivor recognition
- Sponsorship appreciation
- Team Awards
- Keeping the Faith
- Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love
- Celebration of Life
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook Live, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Courtney@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know:
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Please note that shipping may be delayed due to shelter-in-place orders.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to UT Southwestern and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race revenue. We can't make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
How to Participate in the Virtual 5K:
Before the 5K:
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document Your Activity! Snap a selfie to share on Facebook during the virtual event using @headforthecure. We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt!
- Share the event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to attend the Facebook Live event. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
During the Virtual 5K:
- Join Us on Facebook Live at 8:00 AM on May 31st! We will feature our event on both the North Texas and Head for the Cure Facebook pages.
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Post Your Selfie! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure - North Texas event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!
Regional Relationship Coordinator: Reach out to regarding the event, packet pickup, registering, donating, etc.
Courtney Benisch | 816-518-8695 or firstname.lastname@example.org
UT Southwestern's Peter O’Donnell Brain Institute Facts and Figures
(click to enlarge)
If you are interested in sponsoring this important cause, please contact Courtney Benisch at email@example.com.