The Head for the Cure - Utah Brain Tumor Alliance - UT Go Grey 5K is Going VIRTUAL!
Join Us On Saturday, August 22nd!!
Date: Saturday, August 22nd
Time: 9:00 a.m. MDT
Location: Facebook Live! & YouTube!
Event Schedule: TBD
What Is A Virtual 5K?
This interactive event brings the same unique elements of an in-person 5K online to celebrate and remember our loved ones affected by this disease. Featured on Facebook Live, we will host an at-home 5K, share stories from survivors and team captains, recognize the Keeping the Faith and Stevie Patrick Legacy of Love recipients and remember those we’ve lost during our Celebration of Life. Interested in sharing your story for the virtual 5K? Email Kelsi@headforthecure.org.
Things to Know:
- Will I Still Get My Shirt and Medal? YES! We will be mailing all shirts and medals to each participant after the race. Please be sure that the address entered when registering is the address you would like your items shipped to. Please note that shipping may be delayed due to shelter-in-place orders.
- How Can You Help? Encourage registrations and donations! Our grants for clinical research and patient programs to Huntsman Cancer Center, Musella Foundation and the Brain Tumor Trials Collaborative come from our race proceeds. We can't make an impact in this fight against brain cancer without YOU!
Before the 5K:
- Complete Your Own Physical Activity! Go for a run or walk in your neighborhood or on a treadmill, ride a bike, mow the lawn or simply do any physical activity of your choice! Please practice social distancing guidelines.
- Document Your Activity! Snap a selfie to share on Facebook during the virtual event using @headforthecure. We encourage you to wear a Head for the Cure shirt from a previous event!
- Share the event on Social Media! Spread awareness by inviting friends to attend the Facebook Live event. Share the event on social media and encourage friends, family and coworkers to come together to support a cause that is so important to you.
During the Virtual 5K:
- Join Us on Facebook Live or YouTube at 9:00 AM on Saturday, August 22nd! We will feature our event on the Head for the Cure Facebook page and YouTube!
- Comment & Share! Comment on the live video during the virtual 5K and share what the fight against brain cancer means to you!
- Post Your Selfie! Share the selfie from your workout to the Head for the Cure - Utah Brain Tumor Alliance - UT Go Grey 5K Facebook event page and be sure to tag @headforthecure!
Please reach out to our Events & Operations Manager if you have any questions regarding the event, registration, donations, fundraising tips and more! Kelsi Seely | 785.218.2082 | email@example.com
If you are interested in sponsoring this important cause, please contact Kelsi at firstname.lastname@example.org.